Here is my favorite casserole recipe that I eat when I need to cut weight:
Potato Cheese Ham Casserole
- 2 cup lean ham, diced
- 4 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) reduced-fat cream of celery soup or cream of chicken soup, such as Healthy Request
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Combine ham, potatoes, and onions in the slow cooker, then sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- In a small bowl, stir together soup, black pepper, parsley, and mustard.
- Pour over the potato mixture and mix well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Mix well before serving.